Patient electronic access to transcribed reports is encouraged, however, physicians and clinicians will need to provide the access. Read below for more information.
Patient electronic access to transcribed reports (MyCareCompass) is available at select sites (BCCA, BC CW, Sunny Hill Health Centre, Mental Health).
Patients only receive a copy when the dictating clinician has specifically dictated, "copy patient".
Patient copies will no longer be mailed by HIM (Health Information Management) Records Management (RM), unless specifically requested through Release of Information (ROI).
Patient copies will go to the MyCareCompass web portal only after they are electronically signed.
Patient copies at all sites are available through the ROI process (link) via your site's
Health Records department.
- MyCareCompass is a free service for patients/legal guardians that uses a secure internet site to provide access to their health care information from anywhere at any time.
- MyCareCompass eliminates the existing risk associated with incorrect distribution and allows for a quicker and more secure method of delivery compared to mail.
- Any transcribed report from BCCA/C&W/SH where a dictating author has requested a patient copy.
BEFORE SIGNING IN CAIS
BEFORE SIGNING – when signing in Message Centre you can check 'Additional Forward Action' in the Action Pane, select for 'Review', and search in the 'To' field for 'Patient, Copy'.
AFTER SIGNING - contact Transcription Services and have them add "patient copy". A revised document would be sent to your Message Centre for re-signature.
Clinic can provide copy to patient or through ROI (release of information).
– you can check "Patient Copy" in the cc list
AFTER SIGNING - contact Transcription Services (TS) and have them add "patient copy". A revised document would be sent to your Action List for re-signature.
- Clinic can provide copy to patient or through ROI.
Contact information can be found on the HIM intranet site. (Health
Authority or Network login required.)
Local: (604) 658-2115
Toll Free 1-888-522-7758