To help you in completing your hospital stay, we recommend that you review the list below with your caregiver before you leave to make sure that you are equipped with the tools and information you need to continue care.
- Do you have discharge instructions and information?
- Do you understand all of the discharge instructions? If not, ask questions!
- What medications and what dosages will you be taking when you leave?
Write down a list of contacts prior to leaving as applicable:
- Patient Care Coordinator (PCC)
- Social Worker (SW)
- Physiotherapist (PT)
- Occupational Therapist (OT)
- Have you scheduled any follow-up appointments that you may need?
- Date of appointment
- Things to bring
- Are there any home environment changes or home care arrangements that need to be made?
- Do you know who is picking you up when you are discharged?
- Are there any other special instructions or dietary restrictions you will need to follow?
- Do you need any special equipment or supplies?